The Blazen Divaz participated in the ribbon cutting ceremony for the new (old) carousel today and took one of the inaugural ride! The carousel was built by the Spillman Engineering Co. in 1922. In 1974, the carousel was sold and left the area to locations unknown.
In 2011, John and Pat purchased the carousel and donated it to the CDA Carousel Foundation. In 2015, Bud Ford (seen cutting the ribbon) offered a matching fund and pledged $200,000 to the building project.
It is now restored and operating again. Free rides were given today, courtesy of Idaho Central Credit Union. The carousel will be open for rides again starting the weekend of Car d'Alene.